Like Our website? Please +1 this site by clicking here
Check out our
Click here to download our Air Con Energy Inspection Brouchure Click Here to Download a Business guide for reducing your energy Click Here to Download information on Improving the Energy of your Homes and Buildings AC Inspection,Air Conditioning surveys

Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)

Energy Performance certificates can take different forms depending on the property involved and the type of certificate required.  


Commercial EPC’s Provide information on the energy efficiency of your commercial property and gives information on how to make your property more energy efficient and reduce carbon dioxide emissions. All Commercial properties that are let or sold require a Commercial EPC.

Click here to view a Commercial EPC Sample

Domestic EPC’s Provide information on the energy efficiency of your home property and gives information on how to make your property more energy efficient and reduce carbon dioxide emissions. All homes that are bought, sold or rented require an Domestic EPC.

Click here to view a Domestic EPC Sample

Display Energy Certificate (DEC)

Since 1 October 2008 public buildings in the UK over 1,000m2 must display a Display Energy Certificate (DEC) prominently at all times. Display Energy Certificates were introduced by the British Government in response to the EU Energy Performance of Buildings Directive which all EU member states must implement by January 2009.

We can survey your site and produce the certificates for display purposes.

DECs are designed to promote the improvement of the energy performance of buildings. They are based upon actual energy usage of a building and increase transparency about the energy efficiency of public buildings. The certificate looks similar to the energy labels provided on new cars and electrical appliances such as fridges and freezers – it uses a similar scale for energy efficiency, i.e. from A to G with A being the most efficient and G the least. The A3 sized certificate is valid for one year and is accompanied by an Advisory Report (AR) which is valid for seven years. The advisory report is designed to help building owners occupiers to improve the energy efficiency of their buildings so that future DECs show a better rating. ARs do not need to be displayed, but must be available

DECs and ARs must be undertaken by an accredited energy assessor using Government approved software. In order to produce the DEC the energy assessor needs to know the gross internal floor area of the building and the operating hours together with actual meter readings or consignment notes for all fuels used during the year of assessment. It is, therefore, important for owners and occupiers of public buildings over 1,000m2 to maintain good records of fuel used. If the energy assessor does not have access to suitable and sufficient information then a DEC cannot be produced. The option to generate a default G rating was withdrawn on April 16, 2011.

The penalty for failing to display a DEC where required is £500 and the penalty for not having an advisory report available is £1,000.

In the future the Government is expected to extend the requirement for DECs to smaller public buildings and perhaps to large privately owned buildings which the public have access to, such as supermarkets.

Click here to view a Display Energy Certificate Sample

'Even small improvements to the energy performance and the way we cool and heat our buildings
could have a significant effect on our fuel bills and carbon emissions'